Monday, June 26, 2006

Family

Three Generations: Jacob, his mom, grandma, and great-grandma


This past weekend Jacob and I went back to Iowa for his sister's wedding. I have met lots of the Florer and Fredregill families in the past two trips to the mid-West, but this was the big show. Everyone I had heard about and seen in pictures was there. It was a beautiful celebration of family and friends and the grace we receive from those who bind us together as families. Since my family is so small and detached, this was also a huge culture shock, everyone living in relative proximity, still involved, still present.

What I especially appreciated was getting to know all the people who helped form my future husband. These people all share a piece of both Jacob's biological makeup and his upbringing as a learner, a friend and a man of faith. I wanted to thank every person I met for the person he has become, for the gifts he brings to the world and for the way he blesses my life. I also found some great pictures of baby Jake which I thought everyone would enjoy.....

Baby Jake at six months



A young start to coolness (especially loving the snoopy belt buckle)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

The cowboy picture! Now how am I going to be able to take this guy seriously when I meet him next week?